- September 6th: City Hall will be closed in observance of Labor Day
- September 13th: Board of Alderman Meeting at 6pm inside City Hall
- September 17-18: The 8th annual Duck Days held at the Jonesburg Lions Park. Friday evening there will be a car show with a movie to follow at dark. Saturday will be the main events starting at 12pm and going until 12am. Please check out the Jonesburg Lions Club Facebook page for further information.
- Warehouse Bar and Grill will be closed September 6th in observance of Labor Day, September 18th from 8pm until 12am they will be having back to the 80’s costume event and karaoke.
- Dayne’s Waste Disposal bulky trash pickup,
October 12th- Bulky
- Our guys here at the City are hard at work to get this town cleaned up. You may have noticed they have removed some of the older deteriorating homes. If you have a home that is deteriorating and just needs to come down let us know and we will help you with the removal of this home. Also we have noticed there are more and more vehicles that are broke down and without license plates sitting around on properties. We need any vehicle that is no longer running and that you have no intentions of fixing to please be removed at your earliest convenience. We strive to have a clean town and we need the help of the residents to make this happen.
- The Board of Alderman held their monthly meeting on July 12, 2021, at which they have approved a water rate increase. This increase is due to costs rapidly growing. Below is the previous rate vs new increased rate. This rate is effective this bill.
Previous Rate for Residential and Commercial
Base Amount is $10.20, for every 1000 gallons after that it’s $3.90
New Increased Rate for Residential and Commercial
Base Amount is $10.50, for every 1000 gallons after that it’s $4.00
Previous Rate for County Base
Base Amount is $10.20, for every 1000 gallons after that it’s $4.85
New Increased Rate for County Base
Base Amount is $13.60, for every 1000 gallons after that it’s $5.20
Out of Town rates are staying the same.
- We are now able to email bills. If this is something you may be interested in give us a call at City Hall and we can set this up.
- Bills are mailed out on the last business day of the month, they are due on the 10th, late charges are assessed on the 15th and disconnect is the 25th.
September 2nd: Picture Day
September 9th: Board of Education Meeting
September 10th-17th: Book Fair
September 15th: StuCo Change the World Day
September 16th: JBE PTO Meeting